It seems as if the running with the bulls is one of those everything goes thing. Don ´t be confused, there are some rules you need to follow to be able to run the bulls in 2022. They all look too basic, but every day we see people risking their lives because they don´t know about them. Before the run, you will hear in the loud speakers about them once again.
- You should be over 18. Nobody will ask you for an ID, so the rule is that you should be 18, or at least, you should look 18. If you are 18 but you don´t look like it, take an ID (or a photocopy of it) with you, the police might ask you for it.
- You can’t be drunk. This is a basic but a lot of people try to run after a long night of partying. The police will kick you out of the run, no questions asked, by the way, there are a lot of undercover police officers in the run. If you are drunk you can get yourself in trouble and that is fine with me, but you can also get somebody in trouble, and that is not OK with me 😉
- No cameras, no selfies Don’t be stupid and focus on running for your life. Let your friends in balconies take the photos for you. If you are caught with a camera or even a go-pro before the run you will be kicked out. For sure, if the police see you taking selfies during the run, you will get a ticket. If you are stupid, at least don’t show it…. LOL
- Wear closed shoes. We know that it is hot and that you love your flip-flops, but come on!!!!! You are going to be running in front of 6 wild bulls which are trained to kill you. The police will check for this before the run and they will have no mercy.
- No backpack or bags. You might not know that bulls (like most animals) are color blinded. They do not follow the red cape, they follow the movement of it. You don’t want to be the target of a half a ton animal. The police will not allow you in the run carrying any kind of backpacks, not even the little thin ones.
These are the 5 basic rules that you need to follow, it is really all about your safety so please follow them, and remember, if you don´t, the police will invite you to leave the run.
If you are thinking in running in front of these 6 crazy bulls, maybe you should book a class, and learn how to run from one of our expert guides and ex runners. Follow this link to book your Learn How to Run Class.